In November 2021 The Big Box Board Games started a new chapter with brand new owners. The primary location for our shop has also moved to the Hermanus Waterfront where we have games available to buy and play at Lemonicious and Skybar.
The new owners (from left to right) Annemie de Klerk, Henk Burnett and Anke Deyzel embarked on a journey of discovery and the amazing gift of experiencing how life changing boardgames could be.
We have a passion for learning new games and teaching anyone and everyone we meet about boardgames.
Here are some fun facts about us:
- Day job: Clinical researcher
- Family: Siblings and in-laws all obsessed with boardgames
- Favourite game: Qwirkle
- Day job: IT Nerd
- Family: Wife, Nolene and daugther, Karla who enjoy a good night in with a game of Azul just as much as a braai
- Favourite game: Quarto or Pentago?
- Other interests: Will also play pool, but only if no one wants to play boardgames
- Day job: Owns and runs both a restaurant and an estate agency
- Family: Husband “doesn’t play boardgames”, but beats her at Splendor
- Favourite game: Last month it was Catan, this month it’s Wingspan
- Other interests: Anke keeps herself busy with events at Lemonicious and Skybar. If you are in the Hermanus area, please join her on a Thursday evening for Game nights at Skybar!